CS371p Spring 2022 Week 13: Relena Lai
- What did you do this past week? I forgot to upload some of the files to my Darwin repository, so I ended up having to use a virtual token to revise them. I’ve also been working on my final project in OS. However, this week felt less chaotic with assignment deadlines.
- What’s in your way? The previous project in OS before was pretty difficult, so my group and I are nervous about this one as well. I’m hoping that for this class, project 5 won’t be as tedious as project 4 though.
- What will you do next week? I’m going to start on project 5 and hopefully get a significant amount of progress on it. There’s also a checkpoint for my other project that I’d like to have done early.
- What did you think of Paper 13? What Happens to Us Does Not Happen to Most of You? I’m glad that this paper was included. I know many women and minorities who have been discouraged by the discrimination they have faced in their workplace and community. It’s very important to discuss these sorts of issues as many times, even reported incidents have been swept under the rug and disregarded.
- What was your experience with r-value references, move constructor, and move assignment? (this question will vary, from week to week) This was my first experience with r-value references, so I felt like I didn’t understand it as well. The in-class exercise this week was a bit confusing at first. My group didn’t notice the functions provided to us, so we accidentally implemented our algorithm for one of the methods.
- What made you happy this week? I also got to visit my home in Houston this weekend! My parents had a crawfish boil with a few family friends that we haven’t seen in a while, so that was very heartwarming. And yummy.
- What’s your pick-of-the-week or tip-of-the-week? My pick of the week is a CSS framework I’ve been trying out called Bulma! I am really liking it so far because it’s simple to build a responsive design. It’s easy to customize and style as well since it’s built with SASS.